Author Topic: Mede8er1 banned from AVForum UK  (Read 7738 times)

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +91/-19
Mede8er1 banned from AVForum UK
« on: February 23, 2013, 01:55:52 pm »
Received this PM from Admin at AVforum

Quote from: DodgeTheViper
Hi,

You may notice that your Avatar and Username have been altered/deleted. This is to ensure that you remain within AVForums advertising guidelines.

Some of your posts within the Mede8er thread have also been deleted accordingly, again to ensure that you remain within the advertising guidelines.

To gain exemption from certain posts that you would be allowed to make, you would need to apply for Assured Advertiser status.

If you need any clarification please get back to me.

Kind Regards
DodgeTheViper

I just got banned for posting information about Mede8er booth and Show Specials at the Gadget show Manchester UK. I thought this information was on topic as is was a Mede8er thread but it seems this is not allowed. This is fair enough but  I believe a warning and deletion of the specific posts would have been in order. 

Mede8er1 

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +91/-19
Re: Mede8er1 banned from AVForum UK
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:41:39 pm »
Seems now AVForum will not let me join the forum as a manufacturer and will need to pay for this on a special package of sorts. Not interested as my sole purpose of joining the forum was to assist Mede8er owners and I never answered any posts that were of a competitive nature. Also never tried to hide my identity and joined as Mede8er1 from day one.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +184/-35
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 09:44:18 pm »
A lot of recent improvements came about as result of comments AVS observed by Meder8er1. All those forum users who also use AVS should PM the AVS mods to say "advertising" rules are there to prevent users from being pestered by Spam, not to prevent them from getting helpful information from the manufacturer "whose" thread  it is.  

The AVS mods have said all those "affiliated" with a company should register as such and pay to  remain as members of AVS. That could mean  even mods like myself and Massbommel cannot respond directly to  problems posted on AVS.

Offline my-HTPC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
    • my-HTPC Custom build Media Servers and Media Centres
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 08:40:53 am »
I did mention that you may get banned in an email :)  I am an ex-mod on there, and you are correct they want all manufacturers and sellers so sign up to their assured advertiser scheme.

I am on that scheme so feel free to funnel things through me :)  However I only have slightly more leeway and I'm scrutinised much more than a normal member - no direct selling etc.
Authorised Mede8er in the UK.  Custom built media servers and media centres.

Offline Mediaeater79

• B8a Tester - X2
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 07:56:06 pm »
Do you mean here:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/streamers-network-media-players/1746355-mede8er-med600x3d-1000x3d-high-definition-3d-multimedia-player-part-2-a-19.html

If so, I don't see why, as you are not advertising the mede8er, merely helping consumers and telling us the updates.

I have been a member there since 2004 ish, and I for one wouldn't mind updates from the source on our forum.
Mede8er 400X2 | Mede8er 600X3D | Mede8er 400X2S