Author Topic: NEWBIES TUTORIAL YADIS + YADIS TO MEDE8ER  (Read 155874 times)

Offline Mr Eric

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: NEWBIES TUTORIAL YADIS + YADIS TO MEDE8ER
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2015, 10:56:16 AM »
How can io add german movie infos? I use also many Series but Yadis only work with Movies. How can i add Serie information?

just set yadis in german and it will take the german informations from TMDB (if available).
Yadis beta team member

Offline Scoty

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2015, 11:24:43 AM »
I have only TMDB. There is no other option but get now german infos.

Offline Mr Eric

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2015, 07:56:37 AM »
You need to set yadis language to german (configuration/general/language = Deutsch). Then for the movies you already processed you need to process it again to apply the german language everywhere.

If your movies are still in english after a process, then it's because there's no german translation for them on TMDB...
Yadis beta team member

Offline Scoty

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-1
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2015, 09:01:46 AM »
Its working now thank you.

Offline Showtime

« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2015, 09:31:56 AM »
Hi people

New  MED600X3D owner

I tryed the internal scraper solution but i´m not happy enough since it doesn´s show media info such as format, audio...so i would like to give a Yadis a try.

This is my question, does Yadis use the same structure regarding the files it creates that the mede8er?

What i mean, if i use Yadis to scrap my movies, once that i plug in the USB drive to the mede8er and the folder to my favourites will i get those movies on the video wall properly Yadis-scraped or will the internal scraper tryed to overwrite them ?

Offline Mr Eric

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2015, 11:45:49 AM »
if you use yadis2mede8er as well, then yes.
Yadis beta team member

Offline dobermanUK

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2015, 09:30:28 PM »
I have been using Yadis with great success and it works perfectly. My collection has become massive and some films have a 3D version which I find impossible to scan because the name is the same obviously.

The 3D films are in a separate folder, so I was wondering if I could create a different Workspace for the 3D films, so I can at least scan them and add the metadata successfully. Then yadis2mede8er would convert the metadata because I will specify the new workspace (I hope at least). Creating a separate jukebox with a normal folder scan or the Mede8er aggregated jukebox manager should work (?)...

My question is if I specify a new workspace and do a new scan for the 3D films, when I revert back to the old workspace would my 2D films appear processed (with the blue tick next to the film), or would I need to re-process everything?

Can I have various workspaces for Cartoons, 3D Cartoons, 2D Films, 3D Films, etc?
This way I could keep a track of the different categories much easier.

I hope my question makes sense.. ::)

Thanks in advance!

Offline Fmedrano1977

• Experienced Member
Re: Re: Re: Hard Drive Sleep Mode?
« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2015, 11:10:32 PM »
HTC One (M9)

Offline Fmedrano1977

• Experienced Member
Re: Re: Re: NEWBIES TUTORIAL YADIS + YADIS TO MEDE8ER
« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2015, 11:12:27 PM »
I have been using Yadis with great success and it works perfectly. My collection has become massive and some films have a 3D version which I find impossible to scan because the name is the same obviously.

The 3D films are in a separate folder, so I was wondering if I could create a different Workspace for the 3D films, so I can at least scan them and add the metadata successfully. Then yadis2mede8er would convert the metadata because I will specify the new workspace (I hope at least). Creating a separate jukebox with a normal folder scan or the Mede8er aggregated jukebox manager should work (?)...

My question is if I specify a new workspace and do a new scan for the 3D films, when I revert back to the old workspace would my 2D films appear processed (with the blue tick next to the film), or would I need to re-process everything?

Can I have various workspaces for Cartoons, 3D Cartoons, 2D Films, 3D Films, etc?
This way I could keep a track of the different categories much easier.

I hope my question makes sense.. ::)

Thanks in advance!
if you are going to use jukebox folder then no, but you can add each individual folder to favourites, scan it, open it and you will get the movie wall like you do with the jukebox folder but with only the movies that are in the folder you opened

HTC One (M9)

Offline dobermanUK

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2015, 11:27:52 PM »
I believe I first need to generate the metadata in that folder before I add it to my Favourites, so I can then scan it?

The problem I am having is that Yadis see the same Title in 2 different folders (the 2D and the 3D version) so it only creates the metadata for one of them. So the 3D folder will have films with no artwork, etc.

Shall I use a different laptop with a new workspace for the 3D folder? I am not sure I know of a neat way to do that!

Thanks for your reply...

Offline Fmedrano1977

• Experienced Member
Re: Re: Re: NEWBIES TUTORIAL YADIS + YADIS TO MEDE8ER
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2015, 11:37:47 PM »
I believe I first need to generate the metadata in that folder before I add it to my Favourites, so I can then scan it?

The problem I am having is that Yadis see the same Title in 2 different folders (the 2D and the 3D version) so it only creates the metadata for one of them. So the 3D folder will have films with no artwork, etc.

Shall I use a different laptop with a new workspace for the 3D folder? I am not sure I know of a neat way to do that!

Thanks for your reply...
That's not a problem I have 3D and 2D same title movies. Just add 3D to the folder name of the 3D movie. Now Yadis won't scrape it as it doesn't find it,  but if you right click on the 3D title, you get a change title option, that's were you rename it by removing the 3D from the title.

HTC One (M9)

Offline dobermanUK

« Reply #86 on: July 02, 2015, 12:23:08 AM »
It worked...

;)

Offline plouie10

« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2015, 12:53:20 PM »
Hi
First time using Yadis to Mede8er. Could somebody tell me if the xml file is supposed to be on the outside of the folder of the movie or on the inside of the folder. I noticed after that there is a large number of xml files on the outside of the folders. I gather that's how mede8er makes the fanart show. When I click the picture it only takes me to the file ie: move.mkv. then if I click the movie file it plays. I only get the synopsis if I click info button when I'm on the fanart. Is this the way it's supposed to work? I'm coming from Dune player where when you click the fanart it shows the synopsis, then when you click again it plays the movie. Thanks in advance for any info.