Author Topic: Universal Mede8er Jukebox Aggregator (Beta)  (Read 94600 times)

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
Universal Mede8er Jukebox Aggregator (Beta)
« on: February 14, 2013, 06:33:17 pm »
Available on the Mede8er FTP site is a small program that I have written that will help users of MyMovies, Y2M and any other scraper that creates Mede8er XML files create an aggregated jukebox.

This program does not perform any scraping itself, neither does it convert XML files that are not compatible with the Mede8er into a compatible format. It only processes files that are already Mede8er compatible and I am assuming that users are familiar and comfortable with using the scraper of their choice.

(Mod - This tool is an external Phase 2  Aggregator. Those following the Phase 1 Guide can create an aggregated jukebox without using it, as described here:-

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10217.0.html)

The program works by scanning the folders where your movies are located for about.jpgs, folder.jpgs and XML files for the Mede8er.. It will then copy these files to a place of your choosing. Once the files have been copied the program amends the copied XML files by adding filelink information to point to the proper location of the movie. The program will scan multiple shares/folders so you can aggregate your film meta-data into a single directory structure.

You can download the program from the link below. This is a windows program and you must have the .Net Framework 4.5 installed in order for it to work.

Latest Version 1.0.0.24 - all files contained within the ZIP file must be placed in the same directory
http://www.edd-ltd.co.uk/Mede8er/Mede8er-Jukebox.zip

A guide covering all features with pictures and a walk through can be downloaded from:
http://www.edd-ltd.co.uk/Mede8er/MAJMGuide.pdf

This is an beta version of the program. IT WILL HAVE BUGS. Please keep this in mind when using it. I will try to fix any reported bugs but can't make any commitment to timescales. This is something I've created in my own spare time principally to help myself and whilst I have been a programmer in the past I haven't actively programmed for 7 years and this is the first program I've written in C#.

Usage Instructions
For the program to work you need to give it several bits of information

Jukebox Location. This is the location where the new jukebox should be created. I suggest you put this in a location well away from your films. Your Mede8er must be able to access this location. The location can be on the Mede8ers harddrive, SD card, NAS drive, computer share. It's your choice.  Click on the Set Jukebox Location button and navigate to the folder that you want to use as the Jukebox. The program actually allows you to setup multiple jukeboxes but in this alpha version of the program it only ever uses the first jukebox. The other jukeboxes are for a future development.

Movie Locations
You need to tell the program where your movies are located. This program is really only of any interest if your programs are stored on multiple shares/NAS/computers. You need to tell the program each location one at a time.

To setup a Movie location click on the Set Movie Locations button. The Movie Location Setup screen will appear. Click on the Add button. With the Locate Movies screen displaying click on the Folder button. Now browse to the location of your movies. You should choose the folder which is immediately above your movies rather than one that directly contains a movie. So if all your movies are in subfolders beneath a folder called Movies select the folder called Movies.

The next step is to fill in the Mede8er path. You have to type this in manually. This has to be the location as it would appear to the Mede8er. The format of the entry varies according to how the Mede8er is connecting to that location (e.g. Samba or NFS). I suggest you take a look at the manual for setting up a aggregated jukebox using Yadis & Yadis2Mede8er. This path is the same as the Dune Path in those instructions. If you run into problems I will try to help but please remember I'm not familiar with your network/home setup.

For an explanation of what the Mede8er path should look like please see the thread below.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10490.msg67362.html#msg67362

I suggest on your first run of the program that you only add one Movie Location. You can add the others in once you are happy with how the program works.

With everything setup you just need to click the Create Jukebox button to make the jukebox. The program scans all directories and subdirectories in your specified movie locations. Depending on how big your movie collection is this may take sometime. As the program processes films it will update the screen to show which films have been processed.

Once you have created your jukebox you need to add that folder location to your favourites on your Mede8er. Don't forget to scan the folder and turn Movie Info off to get the 3 line jukebox.

Known Limitations
- all film folders in your movie locations MUST be unique. If you have a folder called Avatar on one share and another called Avatar on another share it will only process one of them (well actually it will process both but overwrite the contents on the 2nd run through)
- if a film is deleted movie location it is not deleted from the jukebox - the user has to manually do this. v1.0.0.11 added a mechanism to do this from within the program.

Good luck and I hope someone finds this useful.

Changelog:
v1.0.0.1 [2013/02/14]
ADDED: XMLFiles created for the Jukebox should have the same modified date/time as the original XML file

v1.0.0.2 [2013/02/14]
ADDED: Option to process only New or Modified movies rather than always processing all movies. If you've run the program successfully once then add a new movie location you should select the All option. I may add something in a future version that does this for you

v1.0.0.3 [2013/02/14]
CHANGED: Building on previous version. Now whenever a user add a new movie location the program forces all movies to be processed not just ones where the movie-name.xml file has a modified date more recent than the last time the program was run.

v1.0.0.4 [2013/02/15]
ADDED: New command line option. If you launch the program with the -auto argument it will automatically scan your movies shares and exit when it has finished. You could use this option in line with something something Windows Task Scheduler to setup automatic scanning
FIXED: Bug in previous version where the Last Scanned date was being updated at the wrong time. This meant if you had more than one movie share the subsequent shares were not getting scanned.

1.0.0.5 [2013/02/15]
FIXED: Fixed error message when scanning movies on the root of a windows drive. The program will ignore directories for which it does not have an access permission.

1.0.0.6 [2013/02/16]
ADDED - You can now setup more than 1 jukebox. Each jukebox should have a different location.

When setting up a new jukebox there is a new option called Days Old. Setting this to a value of 0 means that the jukebox should contain all movies located on your shares. Setting Days Old to a value of between 1 - 180 means that the jukebox should only contain films that have existed on your shares for the number of days specified or less. E.g. a value of 30 means that the jukebox should only contain films that you have had for 30 days or less.

Before you use this new feature it is important that you understand how it works
-  To work out how long you've had the film for the program looks at the creation date of the folder that contains the film. So if you create a new folder and move an old film to it then it will be classed as new.
-  if you have a positive number in the jukebox Days Old field then every time you run the program it will DELETE meta data from the jukebox location for films that are over the specified number of days old. e.g If you have set a value of 30 then films will be removed from the jukebox when they are older than 30 days. The program removes the film from the jukebox by deleting the about.jpg, folder.jpg and movie.xml. If after deleting those files the directory is empty then it removes the directory as well. It does not delete your movie, neither does it touch anything in the original movie directory or even any other files that you may have copied into the jukebox directory for whatever reason.

Why I added this feature
I wanted to have two jukeboxes one that contained all my movies and one that contains movies that I had bought within the last 2 months.

To achieve this within the program I setup two Jukebox locations each pointing to different shares on my network. For the jukebox that I want to hold all my films I specify a Days Old value of 0. For the jukebox that I wanted to contain new movies only I specified a Days Old value of 60. I then added both of these folder as favourites to the Mede8er.

1.0.0.7 [2013/02/19]
FIXED: Previous version broke the Process Modifed/New films only functionality.

1.0.0.8 [2013/02/21]
ADDED: This version will generate (if required) and update the Mede8er.db file in your Jukebox - so no need to use the Scan Folder option on the Mede8er itself. Whenever the program adds a new movie to your jukebox it updates the Mede8er.db file at the same time. If you are using the Days Old functionality to maintain a New Movies only jukebox it will also remove the move from your Mede8er.db file when it is over the specified number of days old.

I've also added a Regenerate Mede8er.db button. This buttons does exactly the same job as the Scan Folder option on the Mede8er. It rebuilds the Mede8er.db database based on the films in the jukebox. You shouldn't really need to use this but its there if for some reason the program crashes or the database gets out of sync with the contents of the jukebox folder.

It occurred to me that there is a possible omission in this program. If you were to delete a movie from your system the movie would not get removed from your jukebox. In a future version I will probably add an option to scan your jukebox for "missing" movies and allow you to delete them if required.

The ZIP file now contains two additional files. These must be copied to the same directory from which you wish to run Mede8erJukebox.exe

1.0.0.10 [2013/02/22]
ADDED:  a new button called Orphaned Films. This compares the contents of your jukebox with the contents of your Movie Locations. It then lists any films that it finds in the jukebox that are not in your movie locations. I added this as a film will remain in the aggregated jukebox even if you've deleted it. You still have to manually delete the film from the Jukebox - I may add this as an option to a future version. Note - if your films are located on removable media and you use this button when the media isn't attached then you will probably a) get an error message b) get films showing as orphans even though you haven't deleted them.

1.0.0.11 [2013/02/22]
ADDED: Delete Movie option for use with the Orphaned Movies button.  If you use the Orphaned Movies option to locate movies in the jukebox that are missing from your movie shares there is now a delete option. Select the Orphaned Movie in the listview and then click the Delete Movie button that appears. The delete button only deletes from your specified jukebox location. It deletes the about.jpg, folder.jpg and moviename.xml files. It will remove the directory as well if it is empty having deleted the meta data. In addition the Mede8er.db file is updated.

1.0.0.12 [2013/02/22]
ADDED: Experimental support for Mede8er XML files generated by Thumbgen. This is based on the XMLs and Thumbgen profile kindly supplied by Lupissimo. To process Thumbgen XMLs you must put a check in the Process Thumbgen XMLs box. This changes the XML validation undertaken by the program. I'll almost certainly move the checkbox elsewhere in the program at somepoint but I thought it useful to get something out there for people to use.

1.0.0.13 [2013/02/23]
ADDED: Ability to create a jukebox manually and/or edit the contents of an existing jukebox.

When creating a jukebox there is now a checkbox on the jukebox location screen where you can flag a jukebox location as a "Manual Jukebox". This means that films will NOT be automatically copied to the jukebox. You have to specify which films you want to appear in the Jukebox.

Films can be added to the Jukebox manually by using the Manual Jukebox button. This pops up a screen that is divided into two areas. On the left is a list of jukeboxes. If you click on an entry in the jukebox list it displays the films in that jukebox. On the right is a list that will contain movies that you can add to the jukebox. To populate that list click on the Get Films button. Depending on the size of your collection and the speed of your network this may take a few minutes to populate.

You can then highlight movies on the right hand of the screen (CTRL + Click for multiple films) then click the Add Film(s) button to add the selected films to the jukebox.

You can also remove films from a jukebox again by highlighting the entry in the list and pressing the Remove Film(s) button.

Why I Added This Feature
I wanted to setup a jukebox which is for use by my kids. I want to choose exactly which films show in that jukebox. This new feature allows me to do that.

1.0.0.14 [2013/02/23]
FIXED: Minor bug fix. Listview control on the Manual Jukebox Edit screen was not always updating when a film was added - even though the film was being added to the jukebox successfully.

1.0.0.15 [2013/02/24]
ADDED: ability to edit an existing Movie Location. Click on the Set Movie Locations button. Select the Movie Location you wish to edit and click the Edit button. Note after editing a Movie Location the next time you click Create Jukebox the program will do a full scan ie it ignores your Movies To Process setting.

1.0.0.16 2013/02/25
Added ability for program to retrieve favourite location information from the Mede8er config file. This is useful for people who are finding it difficult to work out their Samba or NFS paths. Guide on how to use it is here: http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,10604.0.html

1.0.0.17 2013/02/25
The Edit Jukebox Contents screen now allows you to toggle films within your jukebox as watched or unwatched. From the main screen click on the Manual Jukebox button. When the Edit Jukebox Contents screen appears select the jukebox you wish to edit. Highlight the films you wish to flag then click on either Mark As Watched or Mark As Unwatched button as appropriate.

[1.0.0.18 2013/02/26]
ADDED: The Mede8er doesn't give an easy way to filter your films to see which ones have not yet been watched. This new version gives a work around.

If the user wants the program will add a genre to each unwatched film. The genre can be anything that you choose (up to 20 characters long). For me I use Unwatched Movie. When the program generates the Mede8er.db file it adds the genre for all the movies for which it can't find a .t file. in that jukebox. You can then filter on that genre on the Mede8er to see your unwatched movies.

To use
Put a tick in the Add Unwatched Genre box then type in the name that you wish to give the new genre.

Now every time you use the Create Jukebox option once it has updated the jukebox it will do a full regeneration of the Mede8er.db files for your jukeboxes adding the new genre where required. This does make updating a jukebox slightly longer than normal.

You can use this in conjunction with the command line option to keep your jukeboxes up to date.

1.0.0.19 [2013/02/26]
FIX - improved speed of generating the Mede8er.db file when using the Add Watched Genres option

1.0.0.20 [2013/03/02]
ADDED
1) on the main screen there is a checkbox option for Copy Watched File To Jukebox. Putting a tick in this will mean that the program picks up any .t files in the movie directories and replicates them to your jukebox
2) the Manual Jukebox screen now includes an option group to display All films or those missing from the current Jukebox. This is useful for zeroing on those items not included in a manual jukebox.

1.0.0.21 [2013/03/03]
ADDED
1) On the main screen there is now a section called XML Validation. In addition to the check box for processing Thumbgen files there are two checkboxes for checking Plot and Director. By default these are checked and my recommendation is to leave them checked. However, unchecking either "loosens" the checks that the program does when it assesses whether a movie XML is for the Mede8er and should be copied to your Jukebox location. Unchecking Plot means that the program won't check whether there is a Plot node in an XML file. Unchecking Director means that the program won't check that an XML file has a Director node in it. If your movie directories only contain Mede8er friendly XML files you will probably be okay. If your movie directories contain additional movie XML files that are aimed at other programs/media players unchecking these increases the probability that the program will process an incorrect XML file. Personally my feeling is that if your XML files are missing a Plot and/or Director you should fix your files up but if you don't want to then this option is for you just be aware that you may get unwanted results....

2) Related to point 1. When the program is searching directories for Mede8er XML files it will ignore any XML files called MyMovies.XML and Movie.XML

3) The Edit Jukebox Contents screen has a new option on it. Located in the top right hand corner you can now filter your movies by Genre. You need to click Get Movies first to populate the list of available movies to add to a Jukebox.  You can then filter that list by putting a check in the Only Selected Genres field, select the genres you are interested in (you can select multiple ones) then click Filter. Filtering on genre applies an OR filter. That is to say a movie only has to have one of the selected genres to be considered a match. The genre filter also works in conjunction with the Show All and Show Movies Not In Jukebox options. This is an AND filter. So if you select several genres AND Show Movies Not In Jukebox it will show movies that have one or more of the selected genres AND are not currently in your selected jukebox. I've found this feature useful when setting up a manual jukebox for my children.

1.0.0.21 [2013/03/24]
See post on Page 8 for details

1.0.0.23 [2013/03/27]
See post on Page 10 for details

« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:33:05 pm by RobinC »

Offline Lupissimo

• Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-0
Re: Universal Mede8er Jukebox Aggregator (Beta)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 11:09:36 am »
I tried it with a HD on a win7 PC, but it stops trying to read : System Volume Information which is always on a Win7 disk. Does it skip non-movie folders?

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 11:14:56 am »
It scans all directories beneath the one you selected. It searches for directories that contain an about.jpg file. It then looks at the XML files in these directories to try and determine which if any XML file are Mede8er friendly.

Are you getting an error message?

Are you films in the root of a drive?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 11:39:20 am by RobinC »

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +95/-21
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 11:40:45 am »
Excellent program and I just would like to thank RobinC for making this available to the community

I would like to add this information that is in another thread regarding Aggregation for Yadis and Yadis2 mede8er as the basics are the same.

The way it works is to have a 'dummy' Jukebox in a specific location. The dummy JukeBox can be on the Mede8er HDD or a USB Stick or USB Drive of on a Samba or NFS  Network share. The dummy JukeBox contains the folder structure of the original Movie JukeBox with each movie in its own folder. Within each folder you will have the normal Mede8er folder.jpg and about.jpg and the Movie.name.xml or folder.name.xml. The dummy JukeBox also uses the Mede8er.db for xml search functionality so it also needs to be scanned. Practically you would navigate to this dummy JukeBox folder and add it to Favourites. In Favourites you would scan it and you now ready to go.

How does it work
When you try try to Play the movie the Mede8er firmware V2.0.0 - 24Jan or later will detect that there is no movie in the folder and it will open the movie.name.xml or folder.name.xml and check a new field entry called 'filelink'. This filelink contains information on the connection type and the path that Mede8er needs to use in order to play the movie.

Filelink details
Samba]
<filelink>smb://192.168.0.2/Share_Name/Folder/Sub Folder</filelink>
Samba within Login
<filelink>smb://User Name:Password@192.168.40.134/Share_Name/Folder/Sub Folder</filelink>
USB/HDD]
<filelink>storage_label://LABEL/Folder/Sub Folder</filelink>
NFS
<filelink>nfs://Host_IP/Path/To/Export:/Sub Folder</filelink>

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Universal Mede8er JukeBox Aggregator xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mede8er Path
When you add a Movie Path you need to also set the Mede8er Path - this is the actual path to where the movies are stored. The path can be to a Samba Guest account or a Samba account with with Login credentials or a NFS Export or an Internal Hard Drive or external USB drive. Hard Drives and USB Drives must have a LABEL - the LABEL is the drive name and this can be added in Windows should it be required.  

Samba
smb://192.168.0.2/Share_Name/Folder/Sub Folder
Samba within Login
smb:/User Name:Password@192.168.40.134/Share_Name/Folder/Sub Folder
USB/HDD
storage_label://LABEL/Folder/Sub Folder
NFS
nfs://Host_IP/Path/To/Export:/Sub Folder

Do not add the actual Movie Folder as Universal Mede8er JukeBox Aggregator will add this.

Actual example of my path to my Thecus nas
nfs://192.168.0.100/raid0/data/_NAS_NFS_Exports_/DVD_Music_Videos:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx NFS HaneWIN on PC Setup xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

HanWIN export for sharing the whole drive

e:\ -public -readonly -name:e

e = 'Export'

Mede8er Path should look like this
nfs://192.168.86/e:/Folder/Sub Folder  (add additional Sub Folders according to your actual path - do not include the final folder that holds the movie) - so edit it until it looks like this

Your filelink in the folder.name.xml should look like this
<filelink>nfs://192.168.86/e:/Folder/Sub Folder/Movie Name Folder</filelink>

For Mede8er Path you list all the folders in the path but not the final folder that holds your movie as
Universal Mede8er JukeBox Aggregator
will add this.

HanWIN export for sharing a Folder
e:\FOLDER_NAME -public -readonly -name:FOLDER_NAME

FOLDER_NAME = the actual folder you want to share and this is called an 'Export'

Mede8er Path should look like this
nfs://192.168.86/FOLDER_NAME:/Folder/Sub Folder  (add additional Sub Folders according to your actual path - do not include the final folder that holds the movie) - so edit it until it looks like this

Your filelink in the folder.name.xml should look like this
<filelink>nfs://192.168.86/FOLDER_NAME:/Folder/Sub Folder/Movie Name Folder</filelink>

For Mede8er Path you list all the folders in the path below the 'Export' but not the final folder that holds your movie as Universal Mede8er JukeBox Aggregator will add this.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline Skylinc

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 11:50:46 am »
It scans all directories beneath the one you selected. It searches for directories that contain an about.jpg file. It then looks at the XML files in these directories to try and determine which if any XML file are Mede8er friendly.

Are you getting an error message?

Are you films in the root of a drive?
Based on his info, yes the films are on the root of the drive. Not sure what you do with error messages, but you could use a Try { } Catch { } and check for "Access Denied". That's the error you get for System Volume Information
Product: Mede8er MED1000X3D f/w v2.0.0 (5Feb2013)
Audio: HDMI > LG 42LW4500
Audio setting: HDMI Passthrough / Night mode Comfort
Video: HDMI output > LG 42" LED Cinema3D 42LW4500
Video setting: 1080p 50Hz, 23Hz ON,16:9
Media Source: Wired Network > Win 8 Professional SMB shares, OpenMediaVault Shares
Hard Drive: 2TB Western Digital

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-52
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:59:24 am »
Based on his info, yes the films are on the root of the drive. Not sure what you do with error messages, but you could use a Try { } Catch { } and check for "Access Denied". That's the error you get for System Volume Information

But is it a root problem? I find if I unhide system files..I get all kind of system crap in every folder.

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 12:10:38 pm »
It's a folder access issue. I can replicate it. Will add something to ignore directories where this occurs

Offline Lupissimo

• Helpful Contribution Status: +4/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 02:06:10 pm »
Yes , the movies were in the root folder of drive E:.
I now shifted them to a "Test"  folder. But now nothing happens at all. Does your software check the correctness of the smb://192.168.0.23... statement?

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 02:18:58 pm »
Ok have released another version that fixes folder access issue reported by Lupissimo (v1.0.0.5). See changelog on first post. Please note the download link has now changed
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:24:01 pm by RobinC »

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2013, 02:23:08 pm »
Yes , the movies were in the root folder of drive E:.
I now shifted them to a "Test"  folder. But now nothing happens at all. Does your software check the correctness of the smb://192.168.0.23... statement?

I've fixed the issue you reported earlier. No the program doesn't check the correctness of the Mede8er path info. At this point that's the sole responsibility of the user. An incorrect Mede8er path wouldn't stop the program from working but it would populate incorrect information into the Filelink element of the movie XML By the way fixing that folder access issue was a right pig, certainly got the old brain cells working.

Try using the option Movies To Process: All to send all films. Since your last error it may think that you have successfully scanned once when you haven't. Using the All option ignores any scanned date.

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +190/-52
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2013, 03:55:08 pm »
This program was started as a "past-time" by RobinC, so the issue of identifying the correct path, and hence making it easier..should be left to  the internal aggregator that is coming.

There all users will have to  do  is highlight a current Jukbox and select "add to default jukebox" using a new Menu option yet to be added, the correct path is automatically added.

This does mean you have to  first create a  folder and mark it as the default jukebox using a new  Menu function yet to be added.

I have suggested that  since we will then have a "default jukebox" known to  the system, that a "boot to default jukebox" might be considered.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 04:50:00 pm by jer1956 »

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2013, 04:07:16 pm »
This program was started as a "past-time" by RobinC, so the issue of identifying the correct path, and hence making it easier..should be left to  the internal aggregator that that is coming.

There all users will have to  do  is highlight a current Jukbox and select "add to default jukebox", the correct path is automatically added.

I doubt I could make the program work out the correct Mede8er path 100% anyway. As the action of copying and amending the XML files is done on a PC I can't reliably tell what the path should be from the Mede8er's perspective. For instance my blurays are played back over NFS by the Mede8er but my PC doesn't connect to the NAS box via NFS so has no knowledge of an NFS path. Yadis2Mede8er takes the same approach as does Yadis and MyMovies when dealing with the Dune media players as they face the same problem.

This isn't the case for the functionality that the Mede8er people are building as the device will be aware of what path it is looking at.

I appreciate that the work involved in working out the correct Mede8er path is not easy for some people but I don't think that this is an area that it is worth me expending more effort to improve especially given that for most people the need for this program will be short lived.

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2013, 03:25:27 pm »
New version available

New feature
You can now setup more than 1 jukebox. Each jukebox should have a different location.

When setting up a new jukebox there is a new option called Days Old. Setting this to a value of 0 means that the jukebox should contain all movies located on your shares. Setting Days Old to a value of between 1 - 180 means that the jukebox should only contain films that have existed on your shares for the number of days specified or less. E.g. a value of 30 means that the jukebox should only contain films that you have had for 30 days or less.

Before you use this new feature it is important that you understand how it works
-  To work out how long you've had the film for the program looks at the creation date of the folder that contains the film. So if you create a new folder and move an old film to it then it will be classed as new.
-  if you have a positive number in the jukebox Days Old field then every time you run the program it will DELETE meta data from the jukebox location for films that are over the specified number of days old. e.g If you have set a value of 30 then films will be removed from the jukebox when they are older than 30 days. The program removes the film from the jukebox by deleting the about.jpg, folder.jpg and movie.xml. If after deleting those files the directory is empty then it removes the directory as well. It does not delete your movie, neither does it touch anything in the original movie directory or even any other files that you may have copied into the jukebox directory for whatever reason.

Why I added this feature
I wanted to have two jukeboxes one that contained all my movies and one that contains movies that I had bought within the last 2 months.

To achieve this within the program I setup two Jukebox locations each pointing to different shares on my network. For the jukebox that I want to hold all my films I specify a Days Old value of 0. For the jukebox that I wanted to contain new movies only I specified a Days Old value of 60. I then added both of these folder as favourites to the Mede8er.

If you have any questions then let me know

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2013, 07:02:43 pm »
New version available. Previous update broke the functionality to send over only new/changed films. This has been fixed in the new version

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +95/-21
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2013, 07:21:28 pm »
RobinC

Will test this.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm