Author Topic: My Movies to Mede8er XML files  (Read 15396 times)

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +3/-0
My Movies to Mede8er XML files
« on: February 08, 2013, 07:29:57 pm »
Hello

I'm just in the process of writing a Yadis2Mede8er type utility for converting Mymovies scrapes into an aggregated jukebox. I know you guys are working on your own internal system of doing this but I'm just doing this for my own pleasure as I haven't actively programmed for seven years.

The XML files used by the Mede8er seem to be either named the same as the directory or the movie. Is there anything inside them that makes then uniquely Mede8er? Reason I ask is that I use MyMovies to generate multiple XML files for use both with the Mede8er and MediaBrowser on the PC. I can parse the XML files fine but wondered whether there was a particular node/element that you would consider signified the file was a Mede8er compatible XML file?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:51:20 am by jer1956 »

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Re: Mede8er XML files
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 07:32:16 pm »
suppose I could generate an XSD and validate against that

Offline Skylinc

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 08:02:15 pm »
Just had a look, and the only node that I can see that I believe is unique to Mede8er, is "cast". The other programs that I've been converting all seem to use "Actors" or "actor".

Not sure if that will help you though.
Product: Mede8er MED1000X3D f/w v2.0.0 (5Feb2013)
Audio: HDMI > LG 42LW4500
Audio setting: HDMI Passthrough / Night mode Comfort
Video: HDMI output > LG 42" LED Cinema3D 42LW4500
Video setting: 1080p 50Hz, 23Hz ON,16:9
Media Source: Wired Network > Win 8 Professional SMB shares, OpenMediaVault Shares
Hard Drive: 2TB Western Digital

Offline funkycochise

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:09:31 pm »
Just had a look, and the only node that I can see that I believe is unique to Mede8er, is "cast". The other programs that I've been converting all seem to use "Actors" or "actor".

Not sure if that will help you though.
I'm almost sure that actors can replace cast.
If i remember well, both style are supported.

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 08:24:37 pm »
Thanks for the tips guys. Think what I'll do is generate an XSD from a MyMovies generated XML then validate against that. At the moment a typical film directory for me has 3 XMLs in it one for MediaBrowser, 1 for MyMovies and 1 for the Mede8er.

Feels strange to be programming again after such a long break but I'm finding it interesting.

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 06:43:18 pm »
Finished my 1st alpha today and I can build a consolidated jukebox now using data generated by MyMovies. have to build it one share at a time. So next steps are to add some functionality to cope with multiple shares and also put some error handling in it as it is very easy to get it to crash and burn.

Offline Manne

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:32:17 pm »
Finished my 1st alpha today and I can build a consolidated jukebox now using data generated by MyMovies. have to build it one share at a time. So next steps are to add some functionality to cope with multiple shares and also put some error handling in it as it is very easy to get it to crash and burn.

Hi Robin,

i also use mymovies.
For me its the best infosystem.
Only the way for the about.jpg i don`t like.
do your program this :-)

can i test is ?

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 08:46:41 pm »
At the moment it needs a bit more work before I share it. It's basically the equivalent of Yadis2mede8er but for Mymovies.

It uses the XML, folder.jpg and about.jpg generated by Mymovies. It then basically moves these files to a centralised place and updates the XML file with filelink info hat he aggregated jukebox can use.

If you don't like the appearance of the about.jpg you can change the template used b Mymovies. Mr Eric posted on the mymovies forum how to use some templates he developed for the dune. I've tested this an it works.

Offline Manne

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 09:28:19 am »
At the moment it needs a bit more work before I share it. It's basically the equivalent of Yadis2mede8er but for Mymovies.

It uses the XML, folder.jpg and about.jpg generated by Mymovies. It then basically moves these files to a centralised place and updates the XML file with filelink info hat he aggregated jukebox can use.

If you don't like the appearance of the about.jpg you can change the template used b Mymovies. Mr Eric posted on the mymovies forum how to use some templates he developed for the dune. I've tested this an it works.

I also have testet the Dun template. But mymovies want money for the fanart :-)
What i need, is a tool like yadis, but all the infos from mymovies, also the folder.jpg. Only the fanart from the www Database.
Next Proböem of yadis, my folder stucture is like this.... Saw Collection/teil 1 /teil2 teil 3 ....yadis canot handle this, mymovies can....

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 09:43:55 am »
I'm probably in a similar boat - I prefer the appearance of Yadis but like the meta data from MyMovies. I do have the points for the fan art from MyMovies though.

I'm not looking at this stage to write anything that generates the about.jpg. This is my first programming project for 7 years and I'm very very rusty.

One of the things I want to do for my own benefit is create something that can generate multiple aggregated jukeboxes. I'd like to be able to tag a film and say it should appear in this jukebox or that jukebox or both. Reason for this is that my media is distributed across four different areas. I tend to fill one area up then move on to the next one. So it is not really organised except by date of purchase. I want to be able to generate a jukebox for myself and a jukebox that is suitable for the children - some films will show in both.

Re your film structure and Yadis - it will cope with that structure (mine is similar) but you have to add the Saw Collection folder as a separate folder to Yadis. It will then scan the first level of subfolders.

Offline Manne

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 10:19:58 am »

Re your film structure and Yadis - it will cope with that structure (mine is similar) but you have to add the Saw Collection folder as a separate folder to Yadis. It will then scan the first level of subfolders.

i do it so, but later, when i change the dvd iso to a bd iso, the Yadis forget the settings for this movie. Because it canot handle more the one "teil 1" folder....  put more the one subfolders with the same name, the yadis will show only one....  so i have to do it from scratch... :-)   

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
Re: My Movies to Mede8er XML files
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 11:44:17 am »
Yes Yadis doesn't like duplicate folder names.

Offline Mr Eric

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 06:52:16 pm »
I also have testet the Dun template. But mymovies want money for the fanart :-)
What i need, is a tool like yadis, but all the infos from mymovies, also the folder.jpg. Only the fanart from the www Database.
Next Proböem of yadis, my folder stucture is like this.... Saw Collection/teil 1 /teil2 teil 3 ....yadis canot handle this, mymovies can....

From my testings, you don't need any points to have fanart with mede8er templates ;) (while for dune you need at least 500 :( )

And I always thought that MM wasn't able to deal with subfolders ?  ???
Yadis beta team member

Offline RobinC

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 07:13:00 pm »
And I always thought that MM wasn't able to deal with subfolders ?  ???

Nope it's fine with sub folders

Offline Mr Eric

Re: My Movies to Mede8er XML files
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 07:53:06 pm »
Was really sure that the rule was 1 movie = 1 folder. But I confess that I never tested anything else  ;D
Yadis beta team member