Author Topic: 3D MKV vs ISO  (Read 4756 times)

Offline sundance2012

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
3D MKV vs ISO
« on: February 03, 2013, 08:34:24 pm »
What are the disadvantages and or advantages of ISO Vs MKV/MVC?

Also I have AnyDVD, if I make a backup ISO of a 3D disk is there anything I need to do
other than rip the ISO to have the resulting ISO play in 3D with a MED1000X3D?

Does the MED1000X3D support 3D MVC file format?

Thanks

Offline couto

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +7/-2
Re: 3D MKV vs ISO
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 09:22:14 pm »
What are the disadvantages and or advantages of ISO Vs MKV/MVC?

Also I have AnyDVD, if I make a backup ISO of a 3D disk is there anything I need to do
other than rip the ISO to have the resulting ISO play in 3D with a MED1000X3D?

Does the MED1000X3D support 3D MVC file format?

Thanks

yes, 3D mcv mkv  is fine, also 3D iso il also fine (dont forget to remove copy protection in anydvd)

the diference between 3D mvc and 3d iso is the resolution, the 3D iso will play at 1920 , whereas 3D mvc will play half, currently theres no media player that play full 3D mcv mkv

Med1000X3D
Anthem MRX-310
Mitsubishi HC5
LG Oled 1080P
100 inch screen
Video setting: 23,976Hz On, auto frame ON
Media Source: Wired Network > ds412+ synology
Router. Linksys E4200
Protocol : UDP 32K
Media Files:ISO 3D, MKV, FLAC

Offline asopuma

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 06:15:44 pm »
yes, 3D mcv mkv  is fine, also 3D iso il also fine (dont forget to remove copy protection in anydvd)

the diference between 3D mvc and 3d iso is the resolution, the 3D iso will play at 1920 , whereas 3D mvc will play half, currently theres no media player that play full 3D mcv mkv

3D MVC MKV is as good as 3D BD ISO.

Offline igboo

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 10:32:14 pm »

I feel the need to step in here... 

The biggest advantage to 3D MVC MKV is space savings because you can rip just the streams you need.  If you decide you just need the video plus one soundtrack, that's all you rip.

The streams on a 3d MVC MKV are exactly the same as on the ISO.  You are not losing any resolution, you're just ripping the exact 3D stream as it exists on your source disc.  If you need to re-encode into an SBS or TAB, then you will be losing resolution.

Cheers

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 09:18:44 am »
There are some "mistakes" in what has been posted here, I'm sure by "mistake".

3d MVC MKV works exactly like MVC on  the ISO.  There are two  streams, not one, so  the Full 3d SBS limititation does not apply. No anamorphic compression is involved to over come that limitation.

3d MVC MKV repackages the MVC on the iso, and that repackaging includes merging branched BD iso into  a pause free format, so in that sense MVC MKV can improve playback  compared to playing ISO.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 11:47:18 am by jer1956 »

Offline Tr

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 03:52:14 am »
I feel the need to step in here... 

The biggest advantage to 3D MVC MKV is space savings because you can rip just the streams you need.  If you decide you just need the video plus one soundtrack, that's all you rip.

The streams on a 3d MVC MKV are exactly the same as on the ISO.  You are not losing any resolution, you're just ripping the exact 3D stream as it exists on your source disc.  If you need to re-encode into an SBS or TAB, then you will be losing resolution.

Cheers

Hi :)
Can you play that mkv somehow?
When I tried to play 3d sbs my TV won't recognize it as 3D and it really didn't worked. When I used full 3d blurary with total media theater my TV automatically knew it's 3D and it was amazing.
I am wondering if you can convert the full 3d Blu-ray as you said, without encoding it and then play it...
Is it quality loss in half sbs 3d movies compared to full 3d blu-ray is significant?

Thank you

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +193/-54
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 02:58:30 pm »
The X3D is a true 3D player. It will turn mvc into interleaved frame backed 3D, and the tv just uses the left and right images supplied. If the gui menu is 2d when playing 3D then they player is not doing the 3D processing.

Offline mike_carton

• Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +10/-1
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 05:24:02 pm »
Even though the movie file is MVC, the Mede8er needs the file to be named one of the following in order to recognize it as 3D:

Moviename.sbs.mkv
Moviename.tab.mkv