Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MED600x3D - my review  (Read 2028 times)
geezerpl

« on: January 14, 2013, 05:11:42 pm »

My first impressions after upgrading (?)

@ same functionalities look&feel firmware as my current player. Sadly nothing extra from Mede8er like XMBC / Auto Folder Scrapping for YAMJ or subtitles download or app store
@ same issues when setting up USB WiFi / no go unless DHCP turned on in the router (FW glitch ?)
@ No USB 3.0 ports , the MED600x3D has 2x USB 2.0 ports...
@ No alternative FW available (different skins, IPTV, Jukebox support - XML search)

How much wait time before v2.0 FW is released ? What are the planned nic features ?

I'm wondering now whether to keep the MED600x3D as I'm quite disappointed with the manual yamj building process.
No visible difference in video & audio quality (100" screen)

The clear advantages of Mede8er:
> backlight remote
> better SMB  performance
> hdd spin-down
> Jukebox for network folders (not just local hdd)
> 5 year guarantee

Edited by Mod
Please read the forums rules on "other brands"

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,2927.0.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 05:49:12 pm by jer1956 » Logged
jer1956
Global Moder8or
M8er Addict

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 06:00:55 pm »

The Med is not just another badged box with a clock  fix.  Many who buy it do so  because they do like it's firmware. If you don't like the firmware then you will find little to attract you. The same is true for any brand.  

Such  reviews are like a Porsche fan reviewing a Ferrari.  Too many things are described as "wrong" simply because it isn't a "Porsche".
kpump
B8a Tester - 1000X3D

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 09:29:41 pm »

I have had the xbmc and a lot of other boxes, stick with the mede8er. It is just the best option out there right now. the support is second to none.  And if you just want to watch movies it is the way to go, 3d support, etc.  Yes it would be awesome with scraping like xbmc etc. I have used XBMC a lot and if 3D was supported may still be using it. ONLY IN THE OPENELEC OR LINUX FLAVOR. Openelec is pretty sweet. But if you have to mess with windows/drivers/audio/ no proper 24p support, etc. forget it. I really think the mede8er is the best option. since there will most likely never be one box to rule them all. (IE super roku with all local and on-line support in a box that works, boxee was the closest but hd audio sucked)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: