Author Topic: Mac users, X2 series' Jukebox and DuneX: the solution is here!  (Read 206352 times)

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
  • printf("Hello, world! \n");
    • myrtaART: Applications, Resources and Tools
Hi fellow Mac users!
As you may know, we can't use the fully fledged Thumbgen and YAMJ is not that user friendly at all.
So we're left with very little choice: DuneX.
It is a very good movie catalog and scraper, but, as its name may suggest, offers little support for our X2 series devices as it is not able to produce the XML files needed to make full use of the new Video Jukebox, let alone the new shiny TV Series Jukebox.

That was yesterday!

Now we have a choice: DuneX2Mede8er reads DuneX library file and produces the XML files for each one of your movies, either on a per title basis or on a folder basis. Its GUI is very easy to use and should look familiar to DuneX users  ;)
It also offers basic support for TV Series, producing fanart.jpg, series.jpg, series.xml and single-episode.xml.
Additionally it can automatically generate mede8er.db on the fly, thus eliminating the need to scan folders in order to update your GUI database.

You may download DuneX2Mede8er for free from my own website. There you can find a simple user guide and some details about the application (requirements included). You can read the terms of license in the download page.

Any feedback is warmly welcomed, and so are suggestions for further improvements!

@mede8er staff: as "fathers" of this community, you're obviously granted written permission to link or host the application on your website, should you feel inclined to do so.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 04:33:36 AM by mognons »
Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)
Proud user of DuneX2Mede8er

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
Re: Mac users, X2 series' Jukebox and DuneX: the solution is here!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »
mognons

This is amazing work and we thank you. I am not a Mac user myself but I am sure that the community of Mac users will be very pleased with this and I hope they will be hitting that 'Donate' button a lot.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline Mede8er1

• Administr8or
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +118/-30
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 06:46:36 PM »
This thread is very quite and I would have thought you Mac users would have at least posted a thanks to mognons with some feedback. Come guys let's show some appreciation for his hard work.

Mede8er1

Mede8er1
The Greatest Show on Earth
Read the user Guides
http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_support_user_guides.htm

Offline macuser

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 12:47:12 PM »
Just now i see this post.I download the program and i post later my comments.I want to test it first.At 1st sight looks very promising and it was something that missing from mac users with mede8er.
A big thanks from me,to mognons for his work! ;)
Optoma HD80,Sharp LC-52DH65E, Mede8er MED1000X3D 3 TB WD green HDD -> with ethernet cat 6 to Time Capsule 3 TB, Marantz NR 1602,Apple TV2,Dune HD Duo, LG HR550, Pace DS-831,Roister HT-3300

Sharp LC-42SB55E,  Mede8er MED400X2,Yamaha YSP 800,Samsung BD C5900,Dune Lite 53D,Apple TV3

MacBook Pro, MacBook & MacPro, latest Lion OS

WD MyBookWorld II 2TB NAS Server

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2012, 01:01:33 PM »
Just one thing: my application is a sort of companion for DuneX, which you must download separately.
DuneX2Mede8er is totally compatible with Lion, as it was developed with the latest XCode under OS X 10.7.3.

If you have questions or any kind of problem feel free to send me a PM, I'll answer within a few ours
Mede8er 1000X3D, Onkyo HT-R390, LG 47LW570G (3D, DTT+SAT, LED Local dimming), LG BD-660 (Bluray 3D player), Apple TV (3rd gen.)

Offline rj_md

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 04:51:41 PM »
@mognons - you are awesome!!!!!! thanks so much for this. will definitely give feedback. thanks again! :)

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 05:05:07 PM »
Thank you, sir.
I'll eagerly wait for your feedback, as well as your critics and suggestions!

Regards,
mognons

Offline rj_md

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 05:57:16 PM »
something that i noticed....

it seems to take a long time to create the xml file. is this normal? what i did was highlight the movie first (which was already exported from duneX) then click the "save xml" tab. then it just shows "creating xml files" below the screen.

maybe i'm doing something wrong? thanks. :)

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:31 PM »
No, it is almost immediate.
It probably crashed will writing the file, which is not normal at all.
Could you spare some info about OS (version, ram), library dimension (number of movies),
other info?
Thanks

Offline rj_md

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2012, 06:31:30 PM »
i'm using a 2.4ghz core 2 duo macbook (white) with 2gb ram. there were 14 movies in my "Movies" folder.

.....update:

did a "force quit" on dunextomed8er then tried clicking the "Movies" folder instead of the movie itself. it worked! :)

will be trying this out on the med8er now (the movies are stored on my external hdd). i'll keep the thread posted on any developments. thanks again. :)

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Thank for your update.
The behavior that you noticed is very, very strange. I would expect it to fail while processing a hundred movies folder, but it never failed (hem, almost never...) with a single one.
If you want, you can zip the DuneX library XML file that you used and send it to me by mail, together with the title that at first crashed the application at the following address: alberto.mognoni@gmail.com.
Usually the XML creation phase is very fast and it is also quite simple, logic wise; the problem is that the DuneX library contains spurious errors that must be corrected before writing down the XML in the "correct" format as expected by our beloved device. In this phase the program attempts to fix every strange things it stumbles on but...
Given your amount of RAM I advice you to deselect the option in the setting panel that enables the preloading of the cover images.

Once again: thank you all for the feedbacks, that's the only way to advance toward a better product and to share the feelings of the community.

mognons

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 08:31:26 AM »
dear rj_md,
you made me review the code and discover a stupid bug that slipped in during last reengineering (due to TV Series...).
As you can read here, I just released a brand new build that fix your (and mine, of course) problem.
You can download it and overwrite the old version. It works. Now. Maybe...  ;D

thank you for the feedback.

mognons

Offline macuser

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »
Hello  mognons,i don't know if i'm doing something wrong but the program doesn't work with latest beta version of DuneX:
http://www.dunexapp.com/downloads/DuneX_0_9_0_Beta37.zip
It can't load any library.
Maybe you use older version of duneX?
Here is the link to download every new version:http://www.dunexapp.com/downloads/
Optoma HD80,Sharp LC-52DH65E, Mede8er MED1000X3D 3 TB WD green HDD -> with ethernet cat 6 to Time Capsule 3 TB, Marantz NR 1602,Apple TV2,Dune HD Duo, LG HR550, Pace DS-831,Roister HT-3300

Sharp LC-42SB55E,  Mede8er MED400X2,Yamaha YSP 800,Samsung BD C5900,Dune Lite 53D,Apple TV3

Offline mognons

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 01:53:07 PM »
Hi, macuser.
The program is based on the available version of DuneX, which is not the beta that you're using (afaik, it is not a public beta).
I'll try and download the beta to see what changed in the library format.
As of now DuneX2Mede8er is based on public, available and stable versions of DuneX.

Offline macuser

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:03:28 PM »
No it's public beta.Here is the official forum of duneX but is in french:
http://www.homecinema-fr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1182&t=29941763