THIS FIRMWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE FOLLOWING MEDE8ER MODELS
XXX THIS RELEASE IS FOR X2 SERIES -- IT WILL NOT WORK ON MED500X or MED400X XXX V2.0.3http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X2/Mede8er_X2_V2.0.3_23Dec2011.rar
If you cannot download the complete install file from the above link you can try this
Download all the following 4x files and join them with HJSplithttp://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.3_23Dec2011/install.img.001http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.3_23Dec2011/install.img.002http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.3_23Dec2011/install.img.003http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.3_23Dec2011/install.img.004http://www.mede8er.com/Firmware/X2_Series/V2.0.1_23Nov2011/hjsplit.exeIf you are updating from V2.0.0 or V2.0.2 you can use the GUI update with the Save / Restore configuration
If you updating from a older version then we suggest you use the Emergency Procedure.
AFTER THE UPDATE WE SUGGEST YOU UNPLUG AND REBOOT THE X2 AND THEN CONTINUE
If you installing a new Hard Drive then it should be formatted in the X2 for correct operation. After the format the Hard Drive should be shown as HDD: in the Media Library. (Not the Devices Page) If it not shown as HDD then you must format the Hard Drive a second time) USER MANUALS
MED400X2http://www.mede8er.com/images/USER_INSTRUCTIONS/Mede8er_med400x2_user_rev2.5_24Dec2011.pdfChangelog -- V2.0.3. - 23 Dec 2011
1) Added 'Safely Remove Devices' on Devices Page -- Beta. --- To use the Safely Remove USB Drives function navigate to the ‘Devices’ page and press the Green Button on the Remote. A new page will be launched with a drop list of available USB drives that can be dismounted. Select the drive you want to dismount and press ‘Enter’ and X2 will then Safely remove the drive. Note:
USB Drives that are being read from or written to in Samba Nas mode will not be dismounted. This functionality is currently in development.
2) Fixed LPCM problem of loosing center channel when skipping and changing chapters
3) Fixed m3u Playlist icon image
4) Update 'Set to Skin' Functionality
5) General Bug fixesEmergency Procedure
Download the latest Mede8er Firmware from www.mede8erforum.com
. UnZIP or UnRAR or join with HJ Split and will find one file named install.img. Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive. Plug the flash drive into the Mede8er. Unplug the power to the X2. Plug the power jack back in and hold the ON/OFF button on the Mede8er (not the remote) down for 15sec and then release. After the firmware has been checked (+-5-10sec) it will start to update. You will see the update progress on your TV. Do not remove power during the Firmware Update procedure . PASSWORD PROTECT NETWORK SHARES -- NAS SETUP
Use the My_Shortcuts method as shown in this demo http://www.mede8er.com/Mede8er_X2_Add_Shortcut.html
PUBLIC SHARES -- PC / NAS
IP: xxx.xxx.xx.xx MP3 EMBEDDED COVER ART
MP3 Embedded Album Art should be re-sized for correct and fast system operation. You can use this program but please note that Mede8er does not offer support on third party software.http://hcware.110mb.com/mp3art/TEASER DEMOhttp://www.mede8er.com/demo/Mede8er_X2_jukebox_teazer_V2_firmware.mp4Backdrop Demo http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/X2_Backdrop_Samples.rarSkin Demohttp://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Skin_Pack_Silver_Letters_JLH_19Nov.rar
Remember to reboot your X2 after Setting a new skin
For those who do not have Y2M / Thumbgen xml data I suggest you download this demo to see the true power of the X2
Small Demo --- http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/MED500X2_XML_Demo_short_Version.rar
Large Demo --- http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Mede8er_Movie_Jukebox_Demo_23Feb2012.rarChangelog -- V2.0.2_9 Dec 2011
1) Added Croatian GUI text
2) Fixed M3U Playlist with special character in file name eg 'é'
3) Fixed - navigation when browsing in Thumbnail View - use the Left/Right Nav buttons to jump the page the down/up landing cover has been resolved.
4) Fixed Incorrect thumbnail display that occurred near the end of the listing
5) Fixed Auto View from Favourites
6) Fixed Web Remote on iPhone
7) Fixed Samba Network Playlist m3u made in X2 gui
Fixed Boot to Favourites ---> Home Page Strip --> Internet Radio Crash
9) Fixed Sticky Navigation on multiple video files in one folder in Preview View
10) Hebrew text updated add to Favourites page --- Remove = הסר
1) Add custom Genre Covers to flash memory. ---
Make a folder 'Genre' and copy up to max 50 genre covers into this folder. 1:1 size is 117 x 172 pixels but 156 x 233 pixels work ok as well. Copy the 'Genre' folder to the Skin Folder. Focus on the Skin folder and press 'Menu' button and select 'Set to Skin' option.
2) Xml Search – Sort Search by Latest / Sort Search Alphabetically - Now refreshed after selection
3) Force reboot when adding a new skin
4) Added new functionality to X2_GUI.xml (for skin developers)
5) Improved Max limitation of 1000 moves in Movie Jukebox dB – Now working reliably at +- 2000 movies
Default Genre Images -- http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Genre_Images_23Nov2011.rarChangelog -- V2.0.1 -- 23 Nov2011
1) Transmission BT updated from V2.13 to V2.42
2) Hebrew GUI text is mirrored – Fixed
3) Hebrew Localization
3) My_Shortcut without Username and Password. Now populates the Username and Password with 'Guest' for Public shares.
4) Preview View / Music Player up/down navigation slow and sticky -- Fixed
5) Media Library – VIDEO_TS or BDMV added dialogue screen ie Do you want to ‘Play’ or ‘Browse’ the folder
6) Updated some imagesChangeLog -- v2.0.0
1. New V2 GUI
2. New Mede8er XML Movie Jukebox with 5 View Styles and Parental Control.
3. New User Customized Background function - User can use own background JPG images for GUI
4. New Skin function -- Users will be able to download community developed skins for X2
5. New Auto View Function
6. NEW -- Audio button shortcut to Audio Player 'Now Playing'
7. New customize GUI and SUBTITLE text based fonts (loaded into flash memory)
8. New Boot to Favourites function
9. Added support for PGS subtitles in MKV files
10 Added support for external vob/sub subtitles
11. Added Icelandic Launguge to GUI
12. Added Manual IP Setup for WiFi
13. Added HDD Size/Free Space added to Setup Menu
14. Fixed Internet Browser not displaying mouse curser
15 Fixed PCIe WiFi not booting up in conjunction with large size internal HDD
16. Fixed read NTFS only internal HDD
17. Fixed read issue on some HDD brands
18. Improved SRT subtitle image quality
19. Fixed external set sub with bracked extension after file name eg name[NL].srt or name.(NL).srt
20. Fixed limit of subtitles in one folder
21. Fixed SPDIF Passthrough when X2 does not have internal EDID info
22. Fixed crash caused by some characters in mp3 tag when doing a scan.
23. Fixed pause/play problem with DTSMA on some Pioneer Amp models
24. Fixed General Bugs and functionality
25. Fixed crash when opening BDISO with unsupported BD Menu
1. Login to Picasa account
2. Vobsub not working if made with mkbmerge 4.9.1
3. LPCM - 6CH AAC Loosing Center channel when skipping forward/back
I would like to thank Hansen for his incredible work on this release. I would also like to thank Massbommel for his invaluable input and testing every night and every weekend
. To Jer1956 and Insomniac I thank you for your input. To all the Mede8er Beta testers a huge thanks and I can tell you that you guys have helped to make V2 what it is.