Author Topic: Update on V4 progression  (Read 86232 times)

Offline Ken866

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Update on V4 progression
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 10:15:32 AM »
DD and DD+ relate to the Realtek chip in the unit. DD+ is the newer one and this is the one the MED400X Mini uses. If you are using both SPDIF and HDMI output from the unit, the recommendation is shown on the firmware download topic and states:-

So users who use SPDIF cannot get the benefit of HD Audio (as we know you cannot get HD Audio on SPDIF) and they should use the "NO_HD_AUDIO" version and then they will get normal Dolby 5.1 and DTS from 5.1 source BUT they will also get Core 5.1 Dolby and DTS from HD Audio 5.1 and 7.1 source. If on the other hand they use the version "INC_HD_AUDIO"  they will only get 2 ch stereo from HD Audio source.

Summery

DD Hardware  = Use either
DD+  Hardware   - SPDIF used for audio  = use "no HD Audio version"
DD+ Harware   - HDMI 1.3 AMP used for audio  = use "Inc HD Audio version"
DD+ Hardware - HDMI to TV used for audio  = Use either

Hi All,

is there a possibilty to find out if the MED500x is capable of DD+ without checking the blue dot on the back? E.g. going into the system info menu and then which realtek chipset (or which additional info for this chipset) will identify it as DD+?

Thank you very much for an answer.

Best regards,

Ken866

Offline hpvdl

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 10:25:09 AM »
OK thanks,
But then one question remains:  if you use "NO_HD_AUDIO" and occasionally use the HDMI passthrough with a HD audio source,what will you get then: 1. source HD audio, 2. 2ch stereo, 3. core 5.1, or 4. silence? ???
Thanks in advance

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 10:34:02 AM »
If your not using Hd Audio then you are probaly connecting HDMI directly to  a display, and Spdif to an older surround amp. In that case  just leave HDMI on PCM stereo, and SPDIF on Passthrough.

Offline Domino1999

• B8a Tester
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 10:52:56 AM »
Hi All,

is there a possibilty to find out if the MED500x is capable of DD+ without checking the blue dot on the back? E.g. going into the system info menu and then which realtek chipset (or which additional info for this chipset) will identify it as DD+?

Thank you very much for an answer.

Best regards,

Ken866

System Setup -> System -> System Info -> Board

1073DD is old chipset (not capable of HD audio)
1073DD C+ is new (HD audio enabled) chipset, aka DD+
Mede8er model: MED500X
Board: 1073DD
Bootloader: 0000.0202.1026
Firmware: V4.04 INC_HD Audio
Internal HDD: WD20EADS 3.5" Caviar Green 2TB SATAII 32MB
External USB HDD: Seagate FreeAgent 1TB
Network: Home Plugs (NETGEAR Powerline AV Adapter with Ethernet Switch XAVB1004 bridge)
Router: BT HomeHub V2
Display: Panasonic TX-L37G15B
Audio connection: HDMI to TV
Audio output devic

Offline spuxman

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2011, 02:33:29 PM »
problem , a update v4 and now mede8er do not  start

Offline Nutz_01

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2011, 03:19:05 PM »
Hi All,

Great to have the Final V4! Thanks. I enjoyed Beta5 allready  ;D
Last night I managed to install the new firmware.  Ofcourse I had to do the setup again, language, network, videosettings and shortcuts etc. So far so good.

Finally I shut down my mede8er and started it again. Unfortunately all settings were gone. Bummer!
Tried again but no luck. After shutting down en booting up I had to do the entire setup again.

At last I installed the Beta5 firmware and problems were gone.

Any clues?

Offline the-osiris

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2011, 03:30:28 PM »
Hi Nutz,
Seems that you have corrupted system in Mede8er (due to upgrade process), but those issue will be gone if you re-flash your Mede8er again with v4 final.
Bad flashing sometimes occur (even completed), but system config always reset after booting.

Re-install firmware should be fine.
Mede8er Support Page | Mede8er Product Matrix

MED450X2 V2.1
MED1000X3D V2
LG 42LE5500 HDMI

Offline Domino1999

• B8a Tester
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2011, 04:58:12 PM »
problem , a update v4 and now mede8er do not  start

Might be the bootloader was #17 and didn't update properly. Read the V4 topic in Firmware Downloads section, it tells you exactly what to do,
Mede8er model: MED500X
Board: 1073DD
Bootloader: 0000.0202.1026
Firmware: V4.04 INC_HD Audio
Internal HDD: WD20EADS 3.5" Caviar Green 2TB SATAII 32MB
External USB HDD: Seagate FreeAgent 1TB
Network: Home Plugs (NETGEAR Powerline AV Adapter with Ethernet Switch XAVB1004 bridge)
Router: BT HomeHub V2
Display: Panasonic TX-L37G15B
Audio connection: HDMI to TV
Audio output devic

Offline andy1970

« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2011, 08:14:58 PM »
I installed the new firmware V4. Everything went smoothly, but AAC stereo sound is tragically. The sound is distorted and sounds like the boiler. AC3 and DTS is correct.

Output SPDIF: passtrough
Chipset DD

After returning to the 3.0.5 firmware sound is correct.

Offline Skyhaq

« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2011, 08:59:25 PM »
I installed the new firmware V4. Everything went smoothly, but AAC stereo sound is tragically. The sound is distorted and sounds like the boiler. AC3 and DTS is correct.

Output SPDIF: passtrough
Chipset DD

After returning to the 3.0.5 firmware sound is correct.

Some problem here, stuttering sound / bleeps etc. for a lot of my .mkv files after the v4 final upgrade :(, all files played fine on v4 beta 4 and beta 5

//edit: sound through HDMI to my TV, set to: 2CH downmix. stuttering occurs when playing from media library as well as the media wall

Offline JPF

Slide show and internet radio.
« Reply #85 on: January 26, 2011, 09:45:14 PM »
After upgrading to the final V4 FW my pictures won´t show up in a smooth slideshow anymore.

-There is no difference anymore, changing the "transition effect". The new picture always shows up from the right side.
-There is no more "seamless playback". Always a quarter of a second black screen between the picture change.
-The "slide show timing" times do not correspond anymore to reality.
(had some freezing Mede8er moments too, changing the timings or effect)

Adding music stations to the favourites list more than 6 is still unpossible.
Mede8er starts screwing up the list content if more than 6 are added from a search entry.
-For example, search for "1.fm" and add 10 random 1.fm stations with your "menu" button on the remote. Check the list in "favourite" and the stations 6 and up are all messed up. Names changed, addresses changed, etc.

Anyone else?
Anyone a solution?

Regards, Jeroen

Offline Nutz_01

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2011, 10:22:56 PM »
Hi Nutz,
Seems that you have corrupted system in Mede8er (due to upgrade process), but those issue will be gone if you re-flash your Mede8er again with v4 final.
Bad flashing sometimes occur (even completed), but system config always reset after booting.

Re-install firmware should be fine.

Thanks! I re-installed the firmware and the problem is gone  :D

Offline hanks

« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2011, 07:10:41 AM »
Since there is no formal forum yet for the V4 Release I figured this is the best place to post.

Updated from 3.0.4 to V4 on an MED500X (non D+), first time no-go (sits at the M8 logo) so updated with the bootloader patch and then re-flashed and now all is well.

Only one issue so far, watching an avi last night and paused/un-paused several times to attend to other things (maybe 5 times), then reversed about a min in the video to catch up where I left off, video on the screen went "green" (strange olive green) and audio continued, stopping the video did not solve the issue had to shut the M8 down (remote worked fine to turn it off) and reboot, video played fine after that.

Not a huge deal but never seen this behavior on 3.0.4 and hoping it was just a glitch.

Samsung 32", HDMI, 720p 50Hz (South Africa).

Hank

Offline Dennon

« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
Currently Im using SPDIF passthrough on my med500x (my reciever does not have an HDMI) ,what would be the consequence  if I upgrade with the latest  the firmware using "NO_HD_AUDIO" ? I mean what if later ( I buy a new reciever) with HDMI and decided to use HDMI instead...would it allow me to update the firmware again using the "INC_HD_AUDIO"

help!!

Offline stalensnuitje

« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
Currently Im using SPDIF passthrough on my med500x (my reciever does not have an HDMI) ,what would be the consequence  if I upgrade with the latest  the firmware using "NO_HD_AUDIO" ? I mean what if later ( I buy a new reciever) with HDMI and decided to use HDMI instead...would it allow me to update the firmware again using the "INC_HD_AUDIO"

help!!
Sure, why wouldn't you be able to update to HD_AUDIO version later? ???