Author Topic: YAMJ suddenly taking hours (on rechecks)  (Read 390 times)

Offline dotternetta

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-0
Re: YAMJ suddenly taking hours (on rechecks)
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 07:24:17 pm »
Simply deselect most down left checkbox "select all titles" and only select the new movies, the hit "copy to mede8er"

I managed to update my jukebox today, 5 new movies and a bunch of rechecks. It took 6 hours :-( Stupid ISP!

Offline elton-77

• Helpful Contribution Status: +2/-1
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 08:22:51 pm »
Simply deselect most down left checkbox "select all titles" and only select the new movies, the hit "copy to mede8er"

I managed to update my jukebox today, 5 new movies and a bunch of rechecks. It took 6 hours :-( Stupid ISP!

Thanks for that ... did that several times today ... lovely tip. Not sure why I hadn't really done it before.

Ouch, that truly is an awful ISP.

Having had an external drive fail on me recently, I've been playing with all my drives to try and optimize the setup for this household.  No data had been lost as I have backups of everything.  But given our thread 'conversations' recently, as a small test on one of my drives [346 movies] I deleted the Jukebox and ran a scan from new. It took 19 minutes flat. There were about 8 movies where I had to tweak the fanart pictures then a further 3 minutes to write the contents to the drive! 

Guess my ISP is better than I'd previously given it credit for.
AV: Panasonic TX-58EX700B & SC-HTE200EBK Speakerboard, Oppo BDP-93  Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2x 3TB external HDDs  Denon  AVR3313, Monitor Audio Silver 8i & 10i  Mission 77DS & 772  SVS PB12+ Sk-Q
HiFi: Musical Fidelity X-A1, Pair X-A50, X-LP, X-Can2, X-Ray  Mission 753's  Rega Planer 3  Beyer DT990 Sony 46W5500   Mede8er MED1000X3D with 3TB internal & 2 x 1.5TB external HDDs

Offline dotternetta

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 09:08:42 pm »
My ISP was always oke, it got worse the last couple of weeks. I informed them, they are working on it. Stange thing is: speed is 50%, but that doesn't explain why YAMJ takes so long. I guess it will be better soon.

I also backup my 4tb mede8er disc to another 4 tb disc connected to my synology :-)

Offline dotternetta

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2018, 09:35:33 am »
Speed up tip: Recheck.XML = false, only new movies will be processed