Author Topic: How to skin Genre icons and keep Default X2/X3 icons  (Read 15779 times)

Offline jer1956

• Global Moder8or
  • M8er Addict
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +203/-55
How to skin Genre icons and keep Default X2/X3 icons
« on: February 10, 2013, 11:48:10 AM »
When  flashing genre icons you  "replace" the default icons completely. If you  want to keep some or all of them you must add those to  the new ones and flash both together.  

The default icons  are here:-
http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Genre_Images_23Nov2011.rar

So if you want to keep any default icons...you download the default icons and copy those you want to keep to a folder named Genre inside the parent skinning folder of any name..along with you own new ones.  You then skin the main parent skin folder. That is done by highlighting the parent folder and using the Menu option "Set to Skin". Once flashed the source folders can  be removed  or deleted.

Even if you only want to skin Genre Icons...you still need that parent folder..even if there is nothing in it but the Genre folder!

« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:08:02 AM by jer1956 »

Offline starwarsclark

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +1/-1
Re: Default X2/X3 genre icons
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 11:54:29 AM »
When  flashing genre icons you  "replace" the default icons completely. If you  want to keep some or all of them you must add those to  the new ones and flash both together.  

The default icons  are here:-
http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/Genre_Images_23Nov2011.rar

Brilliant, thanks for that - I just read it the manual that the genre folder should not contain more than 50 icons! Do you know why the limitation and do you think this is why the box crashes when you get to the end of the icons I have in my genre folder?

Offline cnassif

• Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Icon Request
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 05:07:52 PM »
I love your icons and, if possible, would like to trouble you with a request.  I use the GlynRS2 icons V2 and would like a Horror icon without the mask and blood (it freaks my kids and my wife out), but with a non-threatening icon.  I don't know how to edit them or else I would not trouble you with this request.  Thanks in advance.

Christian

Offline Manne

• B8a Tester - 1000X3D
  • Helpful Contribution Status: +0/-0
Re: Default X2/X3 genre icons
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 06:28:59 PM »
I also want to use other Icons for Genre.
My Problem is, after flashing, all the new icons are black / invisible.
The name is right like 007-1 but no picture. Med 1003x3d

???